Friday, May 29, 2009

Blog from Bordeaux 5-29-09

Go Barcelona!!! Sadly, I didn't get to see any of the game, but I did see the results.

It's noon in Bordeaux, and I'm getting ready to head out for a little while. I didn't get into a wine tour partly because I didn't plan ahead and get one set up, partly because most tours want groups to sign up rather than individuals. Oh well, it gives me another reason to come back. It's kind of nice to have a leisurely day, though. I've done a lot of walking since I landed in London nine days ago. Yesterday was quite interesting. When I arrived in Bordeaux, I realized I didn't have a map. Moreover, I also realized I didn't even know the address of the hotel I'm staying at. Luckily, I was able to grab a wifi signal that allowed me onto the Google servers. I found the address of the hotel and directions via google maps. I was even able to check my gmail accounts and send an e-mail. Good road. Finding the hotel wasn't as complicated as the instructions indicated. The tricky part was that road names change constantly; for about a 1km stretch the road changed five times. Shenanigans.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find a Rhone Valley wine tour tomorrow when I'm in Avignon, but if not, oh well. It's fun exploring new cities. And, in a few more days I'll be in Rome where I'll be drinking phenomenal coffee whilst seeing sites that were around when Jesus walked the earth.

Yesterday, David told me that our friends from the station were also Christians. Very neat. They seemed like they might be, but you can never really know and it didn't come up in conversation. I was glad we could help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment